Google
 

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stumped my CFI - but not her fault

So I am preparing for the written test.  I am using the software from checkride.com, which has served me well.  I read that taking tests is good for the memory, so since taken to testing.  One of the questions was regarding timed approaches from a holding fix.  Apparently, you can't do it if it requires a procedure turn in the Missed Approach.  We had to look it up in the AIM, as my CFI says it isn't done too much in the U.S.  They do it in Mexico, we think.
 
So I am testing, and I realize I have it on the most difficult possible setting.  Which bodes well for me, as I am testing around 80% now at that setting.  But there is an awful lot to know about flying a plane - not everyone has the answers all the time, and pulling out and springing a question from one of the most esoteric corners of Aviation; you can see how it happened.
 
I have been having a little problem with my E6B calculations.  If there are any pilots out there, drop me a line.

No comments: